Who we are:
Alten, a leading engineering and technology consultancy, provides support for its clients in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems in over 28 countries. Made up 34 000 engineers, Alten provides engineering support in Aerospace, Ground Transportation, Defence, Energy, IT, Life Science & Financial Services.
Due to ongoing expansion, Alten Ltd is looking for Systems Engineers to join our team in Bristol within the Aerospace sector. This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing company with strong core values of Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Service.
Your new role:
As a Systems Engineer you will be one of our quality consultants performing on one of our major engineering projects in the UK. You will also be contributing to our development and growth within the Aerospace industry.
As a Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Delivering on a broad range of ATA32 systems & Subsystems including Braking Control Systems (BCS), Steering Control Systems (SCS) and Landing Gear Extension Retraction Systems (LGERS)
- Managing requirement capture, derivation and definition in DOORS
- Developing product knowledge across the perimeter: including control system logic, system installation, hydro-mechanical design
- Ensuring that all tasks and activities are carried out in line with their respective V&V certification and airworthiness plan
- Delivering functional and performance analysis using standard tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for Engineering, with a result-oriented and proactive mind-set. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on several exciting projects throughout their career with Alten, developing their engineering knowledge as a Systems Engineer and a consultant.
- Previous experience in V&V and working to ARP4754
- Previous experience in Hydro-mechanical systems, component validation, control logic design and avionics
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Familiarity with MBSE and/or Modelling & Simulation is a plus
Degree in a relevant engineering disciple with demonstrable experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in line with level of experience
- A chance to work on the many of most exciting engineering projects and technologies
- Private Medical & Travel Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle-to-work Scheme among many additional benefits