Who we are:
Alten, a leading engineering and technology consultancy, provides support for its clients in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems in over 28 countries. Made up 34 000 engineers, Alten provides engineering support in Aerospace, Ground Transportation, Defence, Energy, IT, Life Science & Financial Services.
Due to ongoing expansion, Alten Ltd is looking for a Thermal Engineer to join our team in Derby within the Aerospace sector. This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing company with strong core values of Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Service.
Your new role:
As a Thermal Engineer, you will be one of our quality consultants performing on one of our major engineering projects in the UK. You will also be contributing to our development and growth within the Aerospace industry.
As a Thermal Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Create & update the whole engine thermo-mechanical model
- Perform Thermodynamics / Thermal-mechanical analysis
- Provide specific flow, pressure & temperatures for specific engine/flight situations
- Execute the Safety Alert Report (SAR) follow up / Risk management
- Suggest technical solutions/requirements improvement
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for Engineering, with a result-oriented and proactive mind-set. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on several exciting projects throughout their career with Alten, developing their engineering knowledge as a Thermal Engineer and a consultant.
- Gas turbine experience is highly desirable
- Internal Aerodynamics / (Secondary) Air Systems. 1D & 2D Aerodynamic Design and Analysis
- Gas Turbine development / Engine Validation / Airworthiness Certification
- 1D Flow Analysis (Flowmaster, SPAN, CCL / VIP, Alfa/SAF_GUI)
- Thermal Analysis (SC03, Ansys)
Degree in a relevant engineering disciple with demonstrable experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in line with level of experience
- A chance to work on the many of most exciting engineering projects and technologies
- Private Medical & Travel Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle-to-work Scheme among many additional benefits