Who we are:
Alten, a leading engineering and technology consultancy, provides support for its clients in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems in over 28 countries. Made up 34 000 engineers, Alten provides engineering support in Aerospace, Ground Transportation, Defence, Energy, IT, Life Science & Financial Services.
Due to ongoing expansion, Alten Ltd is looking for a Performance Engineer to join our team in Derby within the aerospace sector. This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing company with strong core values of Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Service.
Your new role:
As a Performance Engineer, you will be one of our quality consultants performing on one of our major engineering projects in the UK. You will also be contributing to our development and growth within the aerospace industry.
As a Performance Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Assessing the performance of the gas turbine engine
- Supporting activities in engine testing and transient parameters prediction
- Suggesting technical solutions & requirement improvements
- Reporting the development status & defining team tasks.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for Engineering, with a result-oriented and proactive mindset. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on several exciting projects throughout their career with Alten, developing their engineering knowledge as a Performance Engineer and a consultant.
- Gas Turbine Development / Engine Validation / Airworthiness Certification
- Gas Turbine Thermodynamic Cycle Analysis
- Phobos Interface / Alice Interface
- Highly desirable: Steady State & Transient Engine Performance Knowledge
Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with demonstrable experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in line with level of experience
- A chance to work on the many of most exciting engineering projects and technologies
- Private Medical & Travel Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle-to-work Scheme among many additional benefits